The Dealership's of JL Hendrick Management Corporation are proud to participate in their community through local sponsorships, national campaigns, and when necessary emergency aid. As a whole, we strive to make a difference in the communities through programs and partnerships with qualified charitable and civic organizations that aim to better the quality of life for those who need it most.
Some of our partnerships include:
- Jeff Gordon Chevrolet and Toyota of Wilmington are proud corporate partners with the Cape Fear Area United Way. During the 2004 Campaign the stores had a combined objective of raising $75,000 and exceeded that amount by nineteen percent.
- Honda Cars of Hickory is a partner with the Hickory Fire Department and the Salvation Army in a program called Bikes for Tykes. This program gathers donations to purchase bicycles and new bicycles for the underprivileged children in the area. In 2004 the store was one of the Corporate Sponsors, as well as an official drop center.
- All of the stores and JL Hendrick Management are active corporate contributors to the Nazareth Children's Home. This organization, dear to Mr. Hendrick's heart, has provide shelter, care and education to over 1200 orphaned children since it's inception in 1906.
- JL Hendrick Management and it's affiliates have partnered with the Hendrick Marrow Program by either financially contributing, holding donor drives on behalf of the National Marrow Donor Program®. Since 1997, and the debut of 1-800-MARROW2, this program has raised over three million dollars allowing for the over 500 donor drives, the typing of over 60,000 potential donors, and assisted over 400 patients with transplant-related expenses.
- As a result of Mr. Hendrick's love of children, especially those from battered and underprivileged homes, he recently organized the Hendrick Foundation for Children, to support and distribute funds to other charitable and educational organizations which provide health, medical, social welfare, educational and other support programs and services for the benefit of children with illness, disease, injury, pain, disability, incapacity or other disadvantage.
- Many of the stores, along with corporate, have been contributors to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
These are just a few ways that JL Hendrick Management Corporation and its affiliates give back to their communities. Fully understanding the importance of doing so, is one of the characteristics that distinguishes our stores, our business practices, and our employees.